Under the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) personal data is defined as:
“any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person”.
How we use your information
This privacy notice tells you how we, Cromwell Medical Staffing Ltd, will collect and use your personal data for providing our temporary worker employment services to you. We collect data in order to ensure we provide a good, accurate service to both our candidates and clients. We do this by gathering personal data that helps us identify site visitors and track what information is of most interest. We do this through form data collection and cookies. Further information on what cookies are, and our use of them can be found here: www.cromwellmedical.com/Footer-Links/Cookie-Policy/
Why does Cromwell Medical Staffing Ltd need to collect and store personal data?
In order for us to provide you with our temporary worker employment services we need to collect personal data to ensure your compliance with rules laid down by NHS and private medical institutions. In any event, we are committed to ensuring that the information we collect and use is appropriate for this purpose, and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy. In terms of being contacted for marketing purposes Cromwell Medical Staffing Ltd would contact you for additional consent.
Will Cromwell Medical Staffing Ltd share my personal data with anyone else?
We may pass your personal data on to third-party service providers contracted to Cromwell Medical Staffing Ltd in the course of dealing with you. Any third parties that we may share your data with are obliged to keep your details securely, and to use them only to fulfil the temporary worker employment services they help us provide you. When they no longer need your data to fulfil this service, they will dispose of the details in line with Cromwell Medical Staffing Ltd’s procedures. If we wish to pass your sensitive personal data onto a third party we will only do so once we have obtained your consent, unless we are legally required to do otherwise.
How will Cromwell Medical Staffing Ltd use the personal data it collects about me?
Cromwell Medical Staffing Ltd will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will endeavour to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary. Cromwell Medical Staffing Ltd is required to retain information in accordance with the law, such as information needed for income tax and audit purposes. How long certain kinds of personal data should be kept may also be governed by specific business-sector requirements and agreed practices. Personal data may be held in addition to these periods depending on individual business needs.
Under what circumstances will Cromwell Medical Staffing Ltd contact me?
Our aim is not to be intrusive, and we undertake not to ask irrelevant or unnecessary questions. Moreover, the information you provide will be subject to rigorous measures and procedures to minimise the risk of unauthorised access or disclosure.
Can I find out the personal data that the organisation holds about me?
Cromwell Medical Staffing Ltd at your request, can confirm what information we hold about you and how it is processed. If Cromwell Medical Staffing Ltd does hold personal data about you, you can request the following information:
- Identity and the contact details of the person or organisation that has determined how and why to process your data. In some cases, this will be a representative in the EU.
- Contact details of the data protection officer, where applicable.
- The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
- If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of Cromwell Medical Staffing Ltd or a third party, information about those interests.
- The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
- Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
- If we intend to transfer the personal data to a third country or international organisation, information about how we ensure this is done securely. The EU has approved sending personal data to some countries because they meet a minimum standard of data protection. In other cases, we will ensure there are specific measures in place to secure your information.
- How long the data will be stored.
- Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing.
- Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
- How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
- Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
- The source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you.
- Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing.
What forms of ID will I need to provide in order to access this?
Cromwell Medical Staffing Ltd accepts the following forms of ID when information on your personal data is requested:
- Driving licence
- Birth certificate
- Utility bill (from last 3 months)
Contact details of the Data Protection Officer / GDPR Owner
If you have any questions about this statement we would be happy to answer them, please direct any queries to the contact details below:
|Data Protection Officer / GDPR Owner contact details|
|Contact Name:||Interim DPO|
|Address line 1:||21-23 Wootton Street|
|Address line 2:||London|
|Address line 3:||SE1 8TG|
(please note, any data sent via email is subject to this Privacy Notice).
|Telephone:||020 7803 1720|
If you feel that your data has not been handled correctly, or you are unhappy with our response to any requests you have made to us regarding the use of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues.
You can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office by calling 0303 123 1113. Or go online to www.ico.org.uk/concerns.
This notice was last updated on 24/05/2018.